Please note that this recipe is not AIP. However, I’m looking forward to making this AIP/Paleo compliant really soon.
I like fruit and yogurt in the morning but sometimes it can get a little boring. That’s where this homemade Nut Free Granola can really helps out. I love sprinkling it over my yogurt, it adds a nice crunch and a little bit of sweetness. If you like eating granola as a cereal then I would add 1/4 cup chopped, dried fruit and then double or triple the recipe. I would suggest making only what you know you will eat because it only last about 2 weeks.
Nut Free Granola
Nut Free Granola that’s delicious for breakfast on it’s own or to be used in granola bars or sprinkled over a smoothie. This recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free) with vegan options.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 1 cup
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil (or Coconut Oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats (not instant)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Heat the oven to 300°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place the honey, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the oats in a large bowl and the pour the honey mixture over the oats and mix until they are thoroughly coated.
- Sprinkle the oats with cinnamon and salt and then stir to combine. Make sure the oats are coated evenly.
- Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and continue baking until the granola is very light golden brown, about 5 to 15 minutes more. Cooking them until they are hard just means they are overcooked. They will harden on their own once you pull them out of the oven.
- Let the oats cool for about 20 minutes before placing them in an airtight container.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!