Salads are a summer staple for my family. They are easy to make and require no cooking. Summers in San Diego are scorchers so this is important. This Cucumber Herb Salad is very similar to my Cucumber Dill Salad but uses a variety of fresh, leafy herbs for flavor.
This salad goes really well with my Turmeric Grilled Shrimp recipe. That recipe isn’t 100% strict AIP. You’ll need to be able to handle a few introductions but the salad stands alone. It would be delicious with any grilled meat. We’ve been making this salad every time we grill outside this summer.
- 2 English Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ½ large Sweet Onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Fresh Mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup White Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Combine thinly sliced cucumbers, sliced onions, and chopped dill in a bowl. Toss gently.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Whisk thoroughly.
- Drizzle oil and vinegar mix over cucumber mixture and toss to mix completely
- Chill for an hour to blend flavors before serving.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!