This fresh Strawberry Pie is the quintessential summer dessert. The strawberry pie filling is made with fresh strawberries and sweetened with only honey and apple juice. It’s perfect for a bbq or picnic.
What can I do with fresh picked strawberries?
We went strawberry picking with my family to get the berries for this recipe. I think my family ate just as many strawberries as we packed up to take home. Eating strawberries in the field that they grew is the best way to fresh strawberries. This Strawberry Pie or my Strawberry Rhubarb Panna Cotta are probably my next favorite strawberry desserts. If you’re looking for a more savory way to eat strawberries, try my Strawberry Salsa.
How to make a strawberry pie?
This strawberry pie recipe is relatively easy to make. Just arrange the strawberries in the piecrust. Then make the rest of the filling. Pour the filling over the strawberries and place the pie in the fridge. Now this is the hardest part. Wait 4 hours for the pie to set. Then enjoy!
Should strawberry pie be refrigerated?
Fruit pies can stand at room temperature for two days but I always place them in the refrigerator. I think this is more necessary during the summer when temperatures can reach into the 100s.
Tips for making the best strawberry pie recipe
- Have all the ingredients out so they are ready to go when you need them.
- Use fresh strawberries that are in season. They will taste the best and provide the best flavor for the pie.
- You can use your favorite crust recipe but I used the Nut Free, Egg Free Pie Crust from Elena’s Pantry. It was super easy to make and goes really well with the Strawberry Pie recipe.
- Read your labels. Make sure to use apple juice that is just apple juice and doesn’t contain any additional additives or sugar to keep it AIP.
filling. It’s the perfect way to get a taste of summer. This recipe is AIP and
- 1 AIP Pie Crust, 9 inches
(I used this one from Elenaspantry.com)
- 3 cups Fresh Strawberries, sliced in half or quarters, depending on size of berries + additional for serving
- 3 tablespoons Gelatin
- 3/4 cups
- 3/4 cups Apple Juice
- 1 cup Honey
- 3 tablespoons
Mint leaves, garnish (optional)
- Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with fork, and bake according to the directions.
- Let cool. Puree 1 cup of strawberries and then set aside.
- Place the remaining strawberries in the pie crust.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water.
- Stir to combine then set aside.
- Add the pureed strawberries, juice, honey and salt to a small saucepan then stir to combine.
- Heat over medium heat until boiling, reduce heat a bit and simmer about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and then sprinkle the arrowroot starch into the saucepan and whisk.
- Pour strawberry gelatin mixture over strawberries.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until the pie has set.
- Serve with additional strawberries and fresh mint leaves.
What is your favorite kind of pie? Let me know in the comments below.