Summer is here and strawberries are everywhere. They are coming out my ears. Every stand has them at the farmer’s market and I plan on using them. I recently made this pie (with a little help) with all fresh strawberries. It was delicious. My advice is to make 2. Your family will eat it up!
Update: I updated this recipe and photos as of April 2015. Just a few minor changes to make the recipe easier to understand and follow.Print
Let’s Eat | Strawberry Pie with a Graham Cracker Crust
- Yield: 1 pie
- 1 1/3 cups finely crushed Cinnamon Sugar Graham Crackers (about 15 graham crackers)
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 pints hulled Strawberries, cut in half (should be about 5 cups)
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Jam, Jelly or Fruit Spread
- To make the crust, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the graham crackers to a food processer. Chop until smooth.
- Add the butter and combine until you have a wet sand texture.
- Press crumbs into the bottom and sides of a 9” pie dish. Keep in mind that the crust will shrink a little when it bakes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Let cool before filling.
- While the crust is cooling, make the filing.
- With pastry blender, crush 1/3 of the strawberries.
- Stir in cornstarch and sugar.
- Add strawberry mixture to a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes. It should look like jam. Then let cool.
- Fold 1/3 of the strawberries into the cooled strawberry mixture.
- Pour into the crust.
- Place the remaining 1/3 of strawberries on the top.
- Heat the jam in the microwave for about 15 seconds until it’s liquefied.
- With a pastry brush, brush the jam over the strawberries. It will give the strawberries a sheen and keep them fresh and bright.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, about 4 hours.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #FOODFASHIONANDFUN. I’d love to see what you make!