This Simple Avocado Tuna Salad is my go-to no-cook recipe. All you need to do is add a few veggies and you have a really healthy AIP diet friendly meal.
How to make tuna salad with avocado?
It’s really simple! Just swap mayo for avocado. I find that just avocado and tuna can be a bit dull so I like to add some shallot and lemon juice to add a bit of flavor. It keeps the recipe simple but also super flavorful.
Not sure what to do with canned tuna?
Avocado tuna salad is the obvious and traditional American dish made from canned tuna. However there are a lot of other ways to use it. If you’re looking for more canned tuna recipes that are AIP check out these links.
If you’re looking for some other canned tuna recipes, here are a few AIP recipes to try!
- 5 Ingredient Egg-Free Salmon Patties by The Curious Coconut
- AIP Salmon Patties by Unbound Wellness
- Italian Tuna Mousse by Adventures In Partaking
- Tuna Cakes with Green Olives by Meatified
- Tuna Zoodle Casserole by Gutsy by Nature
- AIP Fish Cakes with Beetroot & Horseradish by Eat Drink Paleo
- Avocado Free AIP Tuna Salad by Rooted in Healing
Simple Avocado Tuna Salad
- 1 can Tuna 5 ounce can, drained and flaked
- 1/2 Avocado peeled, pitted & sliced
- 1/2 Shallot finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice about 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- Combine all the ingredients into a small bowl.
- Stir to combine.