This Sautéed Persimmons dish is a quick and easy side dish using a few favorite fall/winter ingredients. It would be a perfect side dish for your holiday table.
I’m finally to the last of my persimmon recipes after bringing home 9 pounds of fruit from persimmon picking. Here’s a list of my persimmon recipes:
- Persimmon Chai Smoothie (recipe here)
- Coconut Panna Cotta with a Persimmon Puree (recipe here)
- Spicy Persimmon Sparkler (recipe here)
- Spiced Persimmon Butter (recipe here)
This Sautéed Persimmons recipe was actually a total experiment.There were a few persimmons and random ingredients left over from Thanksgiving.I just started throwing stuff in the pan and didn’t have high hopes but it turned out amazingly well.
After taking these Sautéed Persimmons to an AIP-eating friend, I was pleasantly surprised that they LOVED it. Turns out it’s a great savory, tart and sweet topping for any white meat. I served it with pork chops but I really want to try it again with a duck breast.
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 4 Fuyu Persimmons chopped
- 2 Shallots diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- Add coconut oil to a sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots to the pan and then cook until translucent.
- Add persimmons, cinnamon, salt, thyme, vinegar, and honey to the pan.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes while string occasionally.
- Add the cranberries and then cook for another 2-3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!