Does anybody get Cook’s Country magazine? I found a fish recipe that I believe is very similar to this Pan Fried Cod with Oregano and Parsley Dressing recipe in a recent issue. I say, ‘I believe’ because I accidentally threw out the magazine before I had a chance to read through the recipe. I created this recipe solely based off the name. If it’s close to the original, I’d be shocked and amazed.
Whatever the inspiration, it sure turned out well. It’s so simple and yet full of flavor. My garden is bursting with oregano so it was great to use the fresh herb. Parsley and oregano are rather strong herbs so the balance of the dressing is important. If you keep the proportions as is, you’ll be fine.
I usually post my monthly seasonal produce guide in the beginning of the month but this month, it just wasn’t happening. Tyler who will be 7 months old tomorrow, had his first cold. It was so sad to watch our little guy sneeze, cough and wheeze his way through the week. Patient zero then took down myself followed by his father. Dada held out the longest but it’s hard not to get sick when Tyler refuses to cover his mouth when he coughs or sneezes. We really must work on his manners. Therefore, not much work got done this week. It was mostly just wiping runny noses and lots of sleep. I’m still stuffy and coughing as I write this so fingers crossed we’ll recover soon and get back to our regular schedule. Look for the November seasonal produce guide next week.
Pan Fried Cod with Oregano and Parsley Dressing
Light cod dish with very flavorful and fresh dressing of oregano and parsley. It’s different but utterly delicious. This recipe is gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free, suits the autoimmune protocol diet (AIP) and paleo diets.
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: Seafood
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus additional for cooking
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt plus additional for fish
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Pepper plus additional for fish
- 1 pound Cod Fillets
- To make the dressing, combine the oregano, parsley, oil, vinegar and honey into a mason jar or small bowl.
- Shake the jar or whisk to combine then set aside.
- Dry off the fish fillets with a paper towel then season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons into a frying pan to coat the pan.
- Add the fish once the oil is hot and fry on each side for 2-4 minutes per side. The fish should be flakey when done.
- Remove the fish from the heat and then plate.
- Give the dressing a shake or whisk to make sure the ingredients are combined then drizzle the dressing over the fish.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!