I had discounted cabbage as something just for sauerkraut, kimchi or coleslaw. I haven’t really fallen in love with a cabbage dish beyond those recipes. This Oven Roasted Cabbage however, is so good that it just blew me away. It only takes 5 ingredients (including the salt and pepper) to transform cabbage into a savory and flavorful side dish.
My husband and I polished off an entire head of cabbage one evening for dinner. We ate it alongside a steak. It was epic. We both couldn’t believe how much we loved it. We have family coming to town soon and I can’t wait to share this recipe with them.
- 1 head Green Cabbage sliced into 1/2 inch steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper AIP Reintroduction, optional
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush with oil on both sides and place onto cookie sheet.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper (if using).
- Roast in the oven for 17-20 minutes.