My husband has been such a trooper throughout my autoimmune protocol diet journey. His classic tomato sauce with wheat pasta has been replaced with nomato sauce and brown rice pasta. While it’s a great alternative and solution for me, it’s not exactly the same. There have been so many great recipes that have come from this diet (ahem, Shrimp Bok Choy and Tumeric Soup) but he still needs his meaty pasta sauce. I decided to make my Nomato Sauce recipe into a Nomato Bolognese.
This recipe is a little more similar to the meaty tomato sauces of my childhood. It’s autoimmune protocol diet comfort food, which is something that I’ve really been missing. It definitely hits the spot.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Next add the beef to the pan and break apart with a spoon while browning.
- Let the meat cook for about 2 minutes and then add the Italian seasonings.
- Cook the meat for another 2-3 minutes or until the beef is completely cooked through.
- Next add the nomato sauce to the pan and let cook until the sauce is heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste then serve with your favorite pasta.