This Grilled Chicken and Cucumber Salad recipe is one of the most delicious, fresh and fast recipes I’ve ever made. I especially love the chicken rub. It’s so tasty. It’s totally AIP but it’s something everyone can love.
While I love to cook and could spend hours in the kitchen, it’s just not realistic for my family. My adorable toddler becomes not so adorable when he he’s hungry. He’s not a big fan of waiting an hour for food and neither is my husband. The reality of making the AIP diet work for me AND my family is simple meals that can be made quickly. So I was thrilled to be asked to be a part of the 30 Minute Meals for Paleo and AIP ecookbook.
This Grilled Chicken and Cucumber Dill Salad recipe is just a preview of what you’ll find if you download the cookbook.
30 Minute Meals an invaluable resource, so each recipe is a complete meal. Not only is every meal is speedy, but it’s also packed with flavor. Just because this is considered an elimination diet, doesn’t mean it’s boring or bland.
So here’s the deal:
- everything is AIP elimination phase ready
- over 120 complete meals (you could cook a new meal every day for close to 6 months without any repeats)
- made up of over 300 separate recipes (so you could also mix and match)
- gluten, grain, dairy, egg, soy, nut, seed, refined sugar free
- real, unprocessed, no BS food
- simple, economical ingredients
- every recipe takes 30 minutes or less
30 Minute Meals is the book for you if you want to:
- spend less time in the kitchen or looking for recipes
- enjoy eating AIP instead of being overwhelmed by it
- make delicious food even when you’re in the middle of a flare or not feeling well
- don’t want to spend money on difficult to find or finicky ingredients
Grilled Chicken and Cucumber Dill Salad
- Grill or Grill Pan
For the Chicken:
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken Breasts 3 to 4 breasts
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Salad
- 2 Cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1/2 large Sweet Onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Fresh Dill finely chopped
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Combine all the dry ingredients for the chicken in a very small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Next place the chicken breast in a bowl and cover with the oil and spice mixture.
- Massage into the chicken and let sit for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, slice the prep the ingredients for the Cucumber Salad.
- Next add the chicken to a hot grill or grill pan on the stovetop over medium high heat.
- Let the chicken cook for about 3-5 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine thinly sliced cucumbers, sliced onions, and chopped dill in a medium size mixing bowl. Toss gently.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, maple syrup and salt. Whisk thoroughly.
- Drizzle oil and vinegar mixture over cucumber mixture and toss to mix completely
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, let rest for 10 minutes.