These Dill Cucumber Chips are addicting. It’s like sitting down with a bag of potato chips. You can’t eat just one. I can eat the whole batch in one sitting. They’re light, salty and crunchy. It really hits the spot when you want a healthy snack.
You will need a dehydrator for this recipe. The cucumbers are so thin that they can’t be placed on a solid flat surface like a baking sheet or even parchment paper. They would just stick to the pan. They need a dehydrator with trays that have openings. It helps the heat flow evenly around the cucumber and doesn’t give it much surface area to stick too.
It takes about 3 large cucumbers to fill my dehydrator but you can adjust the amount to fit your machine. I use the round Nesco Food Dehydrator. It works however the roundness bugs me and I don’t trust the temperature knob. I use it on high for this recipe and it still takes me hours to get them crispy. I’d check with the instructions for your machine for approximate time and temperature as it may vary.
Dill Cucumber Chips
- 2 large Cucumbers sliced 1/16 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon Dried Dill
- Sea Salt
- Place the cucumber slices in a single layer in your dehydrator.
- Sprinkle each rack with dill and salt. Use the salt sparingly. A little goes a long way with this recipe.
- Turn the dehydrator on and then dry for a few hours or until the cucumbers are dried thoroughly.
- Once the chips are finished, they are ready to eat. Or store them in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.