I received a apples from Stemilt Growers as compensation for this post. All text and opinions are my own.
My son’s new favorite word is ‘appa’ or apple for those that don’t speak toddler. It’s the time of year where apples are bountiful at the grocery store. They always hit us as we enter the store and my son is heaven. Appas are everywhere! He’ll yell and scream until I load more apples in the cart. He was especially please when these apples showed up on our doorstep (thank you Stemilt Growers). You could actually smell them before we even opened the box. So, there will be a lot of Slow Cooker Applesauce and Coconut Maple Sautéed Apples this fall.
So far I’ve made this recipe just to eat on it’s own. However, I’m definitely going to use it next time I make waffles. It would make a great topping as an alternate to just maple syrup. If you need an AIP waffle recipe, I love my Plantain Waffles but if you can’t find green plantains then try Don’t Eat The Spatula’s No Egg Waffles.
Besides the fact at this recipe tastes amazing, it also smells amazing. My entire house smelled of coconut and apples. It’s the best.
Coconut Maple Sautéed Apples
Deliciously simple 5-ingredient recipe for Coconut Maple Sautéed Apples will satisfy your sweet tooth. This recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free) and suits the autoimmune protocol (AIP), paleo and vegan diets.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 4 Apples, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Shredded Coconut for garnish
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the apples to the pan.
- Let them sauté in the pan while stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 5 minutes total.
- Stir in syrup, cinnamon and salt then reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer until apples are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with shredded coconut, if desired.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!