Stir frys are a great and easy one pot meal that I’ve always enjoyed. They used to be filled with soy sauce and sriracha. Now it’s filled with turmeric and coconut aminos like this Chicken and Bok Choy Turmeric Stir Fry.
My husband loves bok choy so I’m always trying to find ways of incorporating it into our meals. He doesn’t always love to eat my AIP dinners and our meals can get a little repetitive because of my additional food restrictions. There’s a much better chance of him enjoying our meal if I make something with bok choy.
For my husband and son, they eat this Chicken and Bok Choy Turmeric Stir Fry with rice because they aren’t paleo let alone AIP. I usually eat it alone or with roasted squash. My system handles roasted squash really well so I have a tendency to eat it with everything. Although I think this recipe would be great with cauliflower rice as well. It has a more traditional Asian feel than squash.
Chicken and Bok Choy Turmeric Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 pound Skinless and Boneless Chicken Thighs about 2-3, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cups Shiitake Mushrooms stems removed and sliced
- 8-12 Baby Bok Choy ends trimmed
- 8-10 Green Onions sliced
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Combine the coconut aminos and the turmeric in a small bowl and then set aside.
- Turn on the heat to high and add the olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon of salt over the chicken.
- Stir-fry the chicken, while tossing occasionally, until it’s cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Then add the garlic to the wok and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Next add the bok choy and toss to combine.
- Stir-fry the bok choy, while tossing, for about a minute.
- Next add the mushrooms, onions and toss.
- Add the coconut aminos mixture to the pan and toss to coat the bok choy and mushrooms.
- Place the chicken back into the pan and toss.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.