This AIP Curry Shrimp and Pork Burger recipe is so simple that it only takes 3 steps to get it on your dinner table! There’s only 7 ingredients and can be put together in 30 minutes so you can enjoy these burgers any night of the week.
Is curry allowed on AIP?
Yellow curry paste is usually a blend of turmeric, curry, coriander, cumin, lemongrass, galangal, shrimp paste, dried red chilies, sea salt, ginger, garlic and shallots.
Chilies and curry in any form (leaf, powder or paste) is a nightshade. Nightshades are not allowed during the elimination phase. However the AIP Curry Paste used in this recipe is nightshade free.
Why are there no nightshades on AIP?
Nightshades can be problematic for anyone because of their lectin, saponin and/or capsaicin content just more so for those with autoimmune disease. The addition of lectins, saponin and/or capsaicin can increase intestinal permeability, contribute to leaky gut and increase inflammation.
There are hundreds of plants that are classified as part of the nightshade family. Not all are edible and some of poisonous (like deadly nightshade and jimsomweed). Actually, all nightshades, even the edible ones may be somewhat poisonous and have low level toxic properties that can effect health over an extended period of consumption. [source]
How to make AIP Curry Shrimp and Pork Burger
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add the curry, pork, shrimp, fish sauce and black pepper in a large bowl.
2. Combine then form into 6-8 patties. Then cook for 30 minutes.
3. Serve with lettuce as your bun, cilantro, green onions and avocados.
Tips to make the best AIP Curry Shrimp and Pork Burger
- Buy peeled and deveined shrimp to cut down on prep.
- Make the AIP Thai Yellow Curry Paste in advance to cut down on prep time.
- You can find the recipe for the AIP Thai Yellow Curry Paste Recipe here.
- AIP Thai Green Curry Paste would be a good alternative.
- I highly recommend this brand of fish sauce. https://bit.ly/2Xazusz
If you like this recipe then you’ll love these AIP Asian recipes
- AIP Coconut Milk Curry Soup
- AIP Baked Cassava Cake
- AIP Char Sui Pork
- AIP Coconut Date Bars
- AIP Instant Pot Congee
- AIP Mango Sticky Rice
- Taro Cake
- Chicken and Bok Choy Turmeric Stir Fry
- Garlic Bok Choy
AIP Curry Shrimp and Pork Burger
- Large Baking Sheet
- 1 cup AIP Thai Yellow Curry Paste AIP Thai Green Curry Paste would be a good alternative
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 1 pound Shrimp peeled, deveined and then roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper optional (AIP reintroduction)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bib Lettuce Leaves used as buns
- Cilantro leaves
- Green Onions sliced
- Avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add the curry, pork, shrimp, fish sauce and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Combine then form into 6-8 patties. Then cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce as your bun, cilantro, green onions and avocados.
Helpful Info for All Recipes
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise.
- I always use Himalayan sea salt or Celtic sea salt, unless otherwise noted.
- The majority of my recipes are strict AIP or include notations for reintroductions. However while I make every effort to label non-AIP ingredients and recipes sometimes they slip past me. If you have questions, please ask in advance.
Did you make this recipe? I love hearing your thoughts on my recipes so please rate and comment below.