Curl up with a hot cup of AIP coffee in the morning. It uses carob and chicory root to give it the taste of coffee without the inflammation.
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Chicory Root
- 2 tablespoons Carob Powder
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup optional
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
Combine the water, chicory root and carob powder in a small saucepan. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil over low heat.
Add the maple syrup and coconut milk and then continue cooking until it’s heated through.
Remove from heat, strain into two mugs and serve hot.
- Make sure to purchase carob powder that doesn’t have any additional ingredients.
- I used this brand of carob powder. You can find it online here.
- I’ve never found chicory root in a grocery store, but you can find it online.
- Make sure to use coconut cream that’s AIP friendly. I like this brand but always check ingredients before purchasing.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 321mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 4mg