AIP 'Chocolate' Chip Cut Out Cookie
Up your AIP cookie game with these AIP 'Chocolate' Chip Cut Out Cookies. Cut the dough into your favorite shape & enjoy.
Servings: 24 cookies
In a large bowl, cream the shortening and honey using a hand mixer. In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients the set aside. Next add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips. The dough should start to form a ball.
Once everything is combined, form a ball with the dough and flatten it slightly. Next wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for thirty minutes to an hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use 1 tablespoon of palm shortening per pan to grease the baking sheet and then set aside.
Roll dough on tapioca starch sprinkled solid surface to 1/4”. Cut into shapes and place on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Once finished cooking, remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet before touching. These cookies have a tendency to break if you attempt to move them before they have cooled.
- Since chocolate is a reintroduction, to keep this recipe AIP friendly, you’ll need to make your own carob chips. This recipe from Whole New Mom is also coconut free. Healing Family Eats also has a coconut based carbon chip recipe.
- You’ll need to resist the urge to dig into these cookies right away. They will crumble if you try to handle them before they’ve had a chance to cool.
- Gluten free flours are not all made the same. If you can’t have one of the flours in this recipe, please be aware that you probably won’t be able to make a 1:1 swap without reworking the entire recipe.
- Please note that I’m using vanilla powder in this recipe not vanilla. If you want to use vanilla, then you’ll probably want to increase the amount to 1 1/2 teaspoons as it’s not at concentrated.
- I used Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips in this recipe. The chips are the same size as the cookie needs to be thick. Plus they are dairy free and use real sugar vs. corn syrup or chemicals.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg