AIP Thanksgiving Leftover Salad
Use up those leftovers with this AIP Thanksgiving Leftover Salad. It’s a nice break from the heavy decadent food of the holidays that still lets you enjoy those holiday flavors.
Servings: 4 servings
For the Salad
- 8 ounces Leftover Turkey chopped
- 2 cups Spinach chopped
- 3 large Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 2 Apples or Pear sliced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion chopped
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Leftover Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Water
Combine all the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl.
Add all the ingredients for the dressing in a container for an immersion blender or a blender. Puree until smooth and the olive oil has emulsified.
Divide the salad amongst four bowls. Serve alongside the salad dressing.
- If you don’t have any leftover turkey, you can substitute for chicken breasts. Here’s quick and easy instructions. Pan fry a few chicken breasts over high heat in an oven safe pan, about 3 minutes in each side. Next place the entire pan into a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 5-7 minutes depending on the thickness of the breasts. Remove the pan from the oven and let rest for another 10 minutes. This will help reabsorb all the juices and give you a perfectly cooked breast every time.
- Take care to use up leftovers within a few days. After that the chances of food poisoning increase.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 3307IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg