AIP Mozzarella Cheese
This AIP Mozzarella Cheese recipe is perfect for eating alone or on top of your favorite AIP Pizza. It stretches and melts just like the original. It also has the same mild flavor but totally dairy and nut free. This recipe is Paleo and AIP compliant.
Servings: 4 people
Add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a resealable container then set aside.
Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar and tapioca starch to a small saucepan. Stir to combine.
Then stir over low heat for about 3-5 minutes or until the liquid starts to thicken. 4 minutes is the sweet spot for me. The liquid should have thickened, stays together and is stretchy.
Next add the gelatin and whisk until totally combined.
Pour the mozzarella cheese into the container with the olive oil. Pour the remaining tablespoon of olive oil on top. Let set and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours.
- Once the cheese has firmed up in the fridge, then you’ll be able to slice it.
- If you are using it on pizza, make sure to cut thinly. You can find my AIP Pizza Crust here.
- I used a round bottomed glass pan to emulate a ball of mozzarella cheese.
- This cheese does not shred. I’ve tried it but it’s just not firm enough to grate. Think of this as a fresh mozzarella. It’s much easier to tear or carefully cut.
- The oil added to the dish and drizzled over the top, keeps the ‘cheese’ from drying out.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg