Dairy Free Tzatziki
Tzatziki is a Mediterranean sauce served cold as a dip or with various dishes, such as grilled lamb. It’s usually made with yogurt, but this version uses coconut cream. Serve this Dairy Free Tzatziki sauce as a dip with your favorite raw vegetables for a healthy snack! This recipe fits the Vegan, Paleo, Whole30 and AIP Diets.
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 cup Coconut Cream *follow instructions before opening 15 ounce can
- 1 small Cucumber peeled, seeds removed and shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh Dill chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Lemon juiced
Put the entire can of cream in the fridge for a few hours. Open the can and spoon out just the cream into a medium sized bowl.
Be careful to leave the water and milk at the bottom. Set the coconut leftovers aside as you won’t need them for this recipe.
Combine the remaining ingredients in bowl then stir. Cover the bowl and set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes up to overnight. Serve chilled.
- This dish is best served really cold. The coconut cream will melt otherwise.
- Keeping it in the refrigerator overnight helps the flavors to blend together.
- Squeeze out as liquid as possible from the cucumbers.
- If you are using English cucumbers or Persian cucumbers, you won’t need to remove the seeds (or the peel). They have significantly less liquid and much smaller seeds.
- Save the remaining coconut milk for another recipe. There’s just enough for my Scallop and Dill Pasta. You can find the recipe here. Soon.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 37g | Sodium: 594mg | Potassium: 712mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 561IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 4mg