AIP Nacho 'Cheese' Sauce
This AIP Nacho ‘Cheese’ Sauce is the perfect dip for cassava chips or drizzled over sautéed broccoli or sweet potato fries. It’s a versatile AIP sauce recipe. This recipe is Paleo, Autoimmune Protocol and Whole30.
Servings: 1 cups
Add the squash to a large saucepan filled with water over high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 15 minutes or until fork tender.
Drain water from pan then add the nutritional yeast, coconut milk, extra virgin olive oil, shallots, garlic, ginger, salt and lime juice.
Using an immersion blender blend the squash mixture until smooth. Add the tapioca starch one teaspoon at a time until the desired consistency.
Serve immediately with optional toppings, in my AIP Nacho 'Cheese' Fries or store in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days.
- Reserve some of the cooking liquid of the butternut squash. If the ‘cheese’ gets too thick, you can always add a little of the liquid.
- I used an immersion blender, but a food processor would also work for this recipe.
- This is the immersion blender that I used.
- I don’t have a food processor but this one is on my wish list.
- Use an au gratin type casserole dish for this recipe like this one. However, a large ramekin would also work.
- Use in my AIP Nacho ‘Cheese’ Fries recipe.
- Lasts 3-5 days in a refrigerated airtight container.
- You can use this as a sauce or a dip. If you're using as a dip, then you can add chopped radishes, olives, cilantro, onions, etc.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 772kcal | Carbohydrates: 97g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Sodium: 1213mg | Potassium: 2693mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 48217IU | Vitamin C: 124mg | Calcium: 311mg | Iron: 11mg