Instant Pot Chicken Soup
This 6 ingredient Instant Pot Chicken Soup isn’t your traditional chicken soup. It’s got a bright green broth, warming ginger and lots of perfectly cooked chicken. It’s the perfect soup for healing whatever ails you. This recipe fits the Whole30, Paleo and AIP diets.
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger grated
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 6 cups Water
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 3 bunches Spinach
- Avocado chopped
- Sweet Potato Noodles cooked
- Lemon wedges
Combine ginger, garlic, and salt into the
Next add the chicken and water.
Close the instant pot.
Set to pressure cook for 20 minutes.
Once it’s finished cooking, wait 10 minutes then switch then switch to venting (quick release).
Once the stopper has dropped, then remove the top.
Remove the chicken and set aside on a cutting board. This allows the chicken to cool slightly.
Turn off the instant pot and then add the spinach.
Using an immersion blender, blend the soup in the instant pot.
Serve with the add-ins, if using (squeeze of lemon, avocado chunks and/or sweet potato starch noodles).
- If you are using sweet potato noodles as an add-in then you’ll need to cook them separately. To cook, add them to a pot of boiling water for 6-8 minutes.
- This recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of salt. It may seem like a lot but it is flavoring 1 whole chicken, 6 cups of water plus 3 cups of spinach. Not to mention, I'm using sea salt which tastes less salty than table salt. The soup definitely doesn’t taste ‘salty’ just perfectly flavored. Please note that I cook with sea salt, which isn’t nearly as ‘salty’ as table salt.
- If you’re adding avocado or the sweet potato noodles then a squeeze of lemon will help add a little more flavor to your soup. Lemon actually adds enough flavor that you probably won’t have to add any additional salt.
- Set the bones aside and store them in the freezer to use in Homemade Chicken Stock at a later time.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 2098mg | Potassium: 1792mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 24178IU | Vitamin C: 75mg | Calcium: 289mg | Iron: 9mg