AIP Cauliflower Rice (Whole30, Paleo, Vegan)
This AIP Cauliflower Rice (Whole30, Paleo, Vegan) recipe uses frozen cauliflower rice and is transformed by the addition of shallots, herbs and a few other seasonings. It really doesn’t take much to make an epic side dish. This recipe fits the Autoimmune Protocol diet (AIP) as well as the Paleo, Whole 30, and Vegan diets.
Servings: 4 servings (as a side)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Avocado Oil is a good alternative)
- 2 Shallots, diced
- 2 bags Frozen Cauliflower Rice (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped (Dill or Parsley is a good alternative as well)
Add oil to a large sauté pan.
Next add the shallots and cook in the pan over high heat. Cook the shallots until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
Next add the cauliflower rice to the pan and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat. Add the salt, garlic powder and cilantro to the pan then stir to combine.
- This recipe uses prepackaged cauliflower rice however you can make cauliflower rice by using a high-speed blender or food processor. I find that it’s best to do it in small batches so you don’t end up with part cauliflower mash and part cauliflower rice.
- This recipe goes really well with my Baked Italian Meatballs. In fact, I have an AIP Meal Prep recipe that features both dishes.
- If you like really quick recipes, check out my 30 Minute Meals ecookbook. It contains enough meals to cook something different, every night of the week for 6 months! Every meal is AIP and can be ready in 30 minutes. You can download it here.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.1mg