This Pumpkin Butter recipe is just like your favorite store brought brand but made with only 6 ingredients. That means it’s a much healthier fall treat. This recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free) and suits the autoimmune protocol diet (AIP), and paleo diets.
Servings: 4 cups
- 2 1/2 cups Pumpkin Purée or 15 ounce can (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup Honey
- 2 cups Apple diced (about 1 large apple, no peeling necessary)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
Place all ingredients and stir until well combined. Cook on high for 4 hours. To prevent scorching, sticking and burning, stir every 90 minutes.
Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
Transfer to bowl to cool completely before covering (make sure it’s airtight) and store in refrigerator.
- You’ll need a slow cooker or instant pot to make this recipe. If using a instant pot, you’ll just use the slow cooker function and leave the top off.
- This is the instant pot and slow cooker I use.
- Make sure you watch this towards the end to make sure that it doesn’t burn.
Serving: 3tablespoons | Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 81g | Vitamin A: 23865IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 3mg