Ginger Mashed Sweet Potatoes (AIP, Paleo, Whole30)
This Ginger Mashed Sweet Potatoes (AIP, Paleo, Whole30) dish allows you to actually taste the sweetness of the sweet potato. Since there are no added sweeteners but lots of flavor from fresh ginger. This is a really healthy swap for your AIP Thanksgiving meal.
- 2 pounds Sweet Potatoes peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup Chicken Broth aka Bone Broth
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger grated, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Add the potatoes to a stockpot filled with water.Bring to a boil over high heat about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Once the potatoes are finished, drain the water. In the same pot, add the ginger, chicken broth, and salt.
Use an immersion blender to blend the potatoes until smooth. Serve hot.
- You can use a high-speed blender for this recipe however; an immersion blender is much easier. It also means less dishes.
- You can turn this into Mashed Japanese Sweet Potatoes by using Murasaki sweet potatoes.
Serving: 4(as a side) | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 638mg | Potassium: 936mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 32176IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 3mg