This is a soy free stir-fry recipe for the traditional Basil Beef. This recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free) and suits the autoimmune protocol and paleo diets.
- 1 tablespoon Marsala Wine or whiskey
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 2 pounds Flank or Skirt Steak sliced thinly against the grain
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 10 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 small Onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups Sweet Basil leaves packed (Thai Basil works as a substitute)
Combine the wine and fish sauce in a small bowl and then set aside.
Pour the olive oil, salt and pepper over the flank steak and then toss.
Heat your wok over high heat.
Sear the beef until just browned, remove from the wok, and set aside.
Add the garlic and onion and stir-fry for a few minutes until slightly softened.
Toss the beef back in, along with the fish sauce mixture.
Stir-fry for another few seconds, and then fold in the Thai basil until it’s just wilted.
Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
Serve with jasmine rice, and garnish with cilantro.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 1058mg | Potassium: 892mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 633IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 4mg