A tomato-less Nomato Sauce recipe is made of fresh veggies that resembles and tastes like tomato-based pasta sauce. This recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free) and suits the autoimmune protocol, paleo, Whole30 and vegan diets.
Servings: 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves crushed
- 4 large Carrots chopped into chunks
- 2 cups Butternut Squash peeled and cubed (I buy prepacked squash at Trader Joe’s)
- 4 small precooked Beets peeled and chopped (I buy prepacked beets at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Italian Seasonings
- 1 teaspoon Salt plus additional for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper plus additional for serving AIP Reintroduction, optional
- 1 1/2 cups Slow Cooker Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth Homemade is best!
Add the olive oil to a stockpot over medium high heat. Next add your onion and garlic then cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the carrots, squash, beets, Italian seasonings, salt, pepper and stock to the pot and then cover and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until your carrots and squash are soft.
Once your veggies are soft, use an immersion blender or regular blender to combine them until your sauce reaches your desired consistency. At this point the sauce will be very hot so take care when blending so you don’t burn yourself. Serve immediately.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1353mg | Potassium: 1129mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 23573IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 3mg