Tilapia Lettuce Wraps with Mango Papaya Salsa
Tilapia Lettuce Wraps with Mango Papaya Salsa are a fresh and healthy dinner that requires very little cooking. This recipe is great for gluten free, dairy free and autoimmune protocol (AIP) diet.
For the Mango Papaya Salsa
- 1 Mango diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 Papaya diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 Shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice White Vinegar would be an ok substitute
- Salt to taste
For the Fish
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper optional for AIP
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Flour Cassava Flour for AIP
- 1– 1 1/2 pounds Tilapia fresh or thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons Lard Ghee, Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil are fine as well
- 1 Head Butter Lettuce cleaned and separated
- 2 Radishes thinly sliced
Combine all salsa ingredients and add salt to taste then set aside.
Combine all the dry ingredients for the fish in a small bowl and then stir to combine.
Sprinkle the mixture over both sides of the fish.
Rub the mixture into the fish, taking care to cover the entire fish with the seasonings.
Add the lard (or other oil) into a large frying pan.
Once pan is hot and lard has melted, carefully lay fish fillets in pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until the fish is flakey.
Place fish into lettuce leaves, lay radish slices on top and then add salsa.
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 707mg | Potassium: 1135mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 4722IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 3mg