Spinach and Apple Smoothie
Filled with good for you greens, this Spinach and Apple smoothie has the right balance of fruit to veggie so that it actually tastes good. It’s the perfect beginner green smoothie recipe for newbies to AIP smoothies! This recipe suits the whole30, Vegan, Paleo and AIP diets.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 Granny Smith apples cored and cut into chunks plus additional slices for optional garnish
- 2 Bananas frozen and chopped
- 1 Avocado
- 1 1/2 cups Green Tea
- 1 scoop Collagen Peptides I recommend Vital Proteins
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach
Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Taking care to make sure that the spinach is on top.
Blend until smooth. You may need to use a long spoon to mix up the contents to ensure that the smoothie is actually smooth.
Serve immediately and an apple slice as a garnish.
- Please note that while this smoothie is sugar free please note that it does contain a significant amount of sugar from the fruit.
- Make sure to add the spinach last so that it’s easier to blend.
- Using a high-speed blender will make it easier to get a smooth consistency. Click here for the exact Vitamix I use and high recommend.
- No need to peel the apple as the high speed blender will make sure that the peel gets blended up into the drink.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 1254mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 1727IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg