Ground meat can sometime turn out dry and mealy so my main goal with these meatballs was to make sure they were flavorful and juicy. The full pound of spinach ensures that this meatball recipe was going to be juicy! The combination of herbs and spices make it super flavorful as well. These Turkey and Spinach Meatballs taste great alone or with my Nomato Sauce.
This recipe makes about two dozen meatballs. That may seem like a lot but we always eat the leftovers. These meatballs don’t last more than 48 hours in our house. Even my toddler loves them and eats them like apples.
If you don’t have two adults and one very hungry toddler, I totally get it. You can easily freeze any extras. We love this recipe so much that I’m thinking about freezing a big batch so that we have something ready to go in the freezer when you’re not in the mood to cook. I’ll let you know how it goes!
Turkey and Spinach Meatballs
These Turkey and Spinach Meatballs are juicy and packed with flavor from fresh basil and lots of green onions. They taste great on their own or with your favorite pasta sauce. This recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free) and suits the autoimmune protocol (AIP) and paleo diets.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for cooking (or coconut oil, avocado oil, or ghee)
- 1 1/2 lb. ground Turkey
- 1 pound Frozen Spinach, thawed
- 4 Green Onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Basil, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of oil in two-9×12 glass baking dishes to coat the bottom.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, mix all of the ingredients until they are fully combined.
- Form the meat mixture into 24 balls and place them at least an inch apart in the pans.
- Bake at for about 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!