Easy meals like this Slow Cooker Cardamom Ribs make my life so much easier. I used to love spending an hour in the kitchen cooking up something delicious every night but with a toddler that’s not realistic anymore. This recipe technically takes 8 hours to cook but it only takes 10 minutes to prep then you can set it and forget it. It’s super flavorful and the meat just falls off the bone.
If love this Slow Cooker Cardamom Ribs recipe and you’re looking for other 10-minute prep slow cooker meals, check out my Herb Rubbed Slow Cooker Whole Chicken (click here) and Slow Cooker AIP Shredded Beef (click here).
Cardamom comes from a seed therefore its not strict AIP, however it does fit the Paleo diet. I’ve been using cardamom without realizing it was a seed. The good news is that I can tolerate it but I just want to point it out just in case you aren’t so lucky.
I use the Hamilton Beach 6 QT Slow Cooker (click here). It’s been amazing. I use it a few times a week. After constantly use for the last 5 years, it’s still going. It’s rare that you have kitchen appliances work that hard and just keep going without fail so this one come highly recommended.
Slow Cooker Cardamom Ribs
- Slow Cooker
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamom AIP Reintroduction
- pinch Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Blackstrap Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 3 pounds Pork Ribs
- Combine the salt, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, onion powder, garlic powder, molasses and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl.
- Place the bay leaf, onion and chicken broth in the slow cooker. Take care to spread the onions out evenly over the bottom on the slow cooker.
- Place the pork ribs on a baking sheet.
- Rub the spice mixture over the rubs.
- Place the ribs into the slow cooker standing on its side.
- Cook the ribs for 8 hours on low in the slow cooker.
- Once the ribs have finished cooking, remove from the slow cooker and serve immediately.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!