This Slow Cooker AIP Shredded Beef recipe is amazing. It’s savory and rich which can be hard in a slow cooker. The trick is the searing of the meat before you start cooking it in the slow cooker and then adding in all the spices. It’s an amazing recipe all around.
Sprouts had a sale on grassfed chuck roast and I bought them out. Since I had 5 chuck roasts in the fridge, I figured that I better find a good recipe. It took a few tries but this was the winner. I can’t wait for the next sale to stock up of this cheap cut of meat!
This recipe has been giving me life lately. I’ve been battling my chronic health issues so my energy is at a low point. This recipe is so nice because it’s just so easy to make, it makes a ton and tastes amazing. It may take 8 hours to cook but I only have to 10 minutes out of my day to prepare it. 10 minutes is doable. I can do that while my son is eating breakfast. Easy peasy.
Slow Cooker AIP Shredded Beef
- Slow Cooker
- 1 Chuck Roast about 2 pounds
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 3 Onions sliced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 cup Bone Broth Homemade is Best
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of salt over the chuck roast.
- Over high heat, sear the chuck roast in a frying pan. If you pan is HOT, this should only take about 3 minutes of each side.
- While the meat is searing, place the onions in the slow cooker.
- Next add the rest of the salt, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, bay leaves and bone broth to the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine and then place the mat on top of the onions.
- Cook the meat for 8 hours on low.
- Serve hot over mashed squash, sweet potatoes or as filling in a taco or lettuce wrap.