The holidays are officially over but I’m still celebrating hence the Rosemary Pear Sparkler. It’s a slightly savory and sweet champagne cocktail that’s perfect for celebrating or just because it’s Wednesday.
The holidays always sneak up on me. By the time I got into the rhythm of the season, and developed some great recipes, it was over. I just ran out of time to post them all. I’ve got a Coco-Matcha Truffle recipe coming up soon too.
The pear and syrup should be enough for an entire bottle of champagne or prosecco. The syrup will definitely get you through a bottle but you may want an extra pear if they are small.
Rosemary Pear Champagne Cocktail
A Rosemary Pear Sparkler is a savory sweet mix of fresh herbs and sweet pears topped with sparkling wine or champagne.
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: Cocktail
- For the rosemary simple syrup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 sprig Rosemary, plus additional as a garnish (see below)
- For the drink
- 2 Pears, peeled and pureed
- Champagne or Prosecco (AIP Reintroduction)
- To make the Rosemary Simple Syrup, bring water and honey to a boil in a saucepan. Cook, stirring, until the honey dissolves.
- Remove from heat and then add the rosemary sprig.
- Let steep for 2 hours.
- Remove rosemary sprig and cool in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the drink, add 1 ounce of the syrup and 1 ounce of pear puree to a champagne glass.
- Top the glass off with champagne or prosecco and then add a sprig of rosemary as a garnish.
- Serve immediately. Cheers!
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!