If you have questions about the AIP diet or would like additional support living that paleo life, here is a list of AIP resources.
What is the paleo diet?
The paleo diet is based on the types of foods presumed to have been eaten by early humans, consisting chiefly meat, fish, vegetables, and fruit, and excluding dairy or grain products and processed food. For more information about the paleo diet check out The Paleo Mom.
What is the autoimmune protocol (AIP) diet?
The AIP diet is a stricter version of paleo that was intended for those suffering from autoimmune disease as a way to help manage devastating symptoms. For more information about the AIP diet, check out The Paleo Mom.
Why aren’t all your recipes paleo or AIP recipes?
While the majority of the posts are AIP recipes, there are a handful of really great recipes that don’t quite fit into the Paleo diet. Going AIP/paleo was a process for my family and myself. I posted recipes to the site throughout my journey. I’m hoping to covert some of those older recipes into AIP or paleo compliant recipes someday soon. That being said, I’ve always been committed to unprocessed and whole food, which are the principles on which the AIP and paleo diet were based.
Where did the name Bon Aippetit come from?
I had wanted to change the name of the site for years. It had stopped being a lifestyle blog and was entirely food focused for years. Once I had committed myself to the AIP and paleo diet, I got serious about making a change. Picking a name that has an available url is increasingly hard to do. I had a list of potential names as long as my arm but something was never right. After a day of total frustration with name picking, my brilliant husband said ‘what about bon appetite spelled A-I-P-p-e-t-i-t? It’s like saying that you should enjoy your AIP friendly meal in one word.’ It was a moment of genius and I just knew that was the one. I held my breath while I checked to see if the domain and social media handles were available. I floated it by a few friends. Everyone agreed that it was a perfect fit. That’s how the name change happened.
The following autoimmune protocol books are a huge help in educating you about autoimmune disease as well as the AIP recipes. They are especially helpful when you are in the beginning of your health journey.
- The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook: A DIY Guide to Living Well with Chronic Illness. From Mickey Trescott and Angie Alt of Autoimmune-Paleo.com, is a comprehensive guide to living healthfully with autoimmune disease.
- 30 Minute Meals for the Paleo AIP. There are 120 AIP meals, all made in 30 minutes and ready to serve a family of 4. Meals like these are key to making the AIP diet manageable on a daily basis. If you want an AIP meal plan, they will definitely make a great resource.
- The Global Paleo AIP Kitchen. Designed with the home cook in mind, this book is your passport to the flavors of the world, all while staying 100% AIP elimination phase compliant.
If you’re looking for the AIP community, you can definitely connect with them online. These facebook communoties are a great place to chat with other AIP devotees.
- Autoimmune Paleo Recipes. Created by Eileen Laird as a solid recipe resource for the AIP community
- Strict AIP – Elimination, Reintroduction, Advice and Support. This group is for people that are 100% committed to the AIP diet.
- The Whole Life Detox. It’s a place to bond with other people that are living holistically. You’ll find support and be able to share your knowledge with others or crowd source your most challenging detox question.
If you’re looking for additional AIP recipes or information about the autoimmune protocol diet these other websites are great resources.
If you’re looking for additional support or education surrounding your autoimmune disease, chronic illness or AIP diet, these podcasts can very great resources.
- Autoimmune Wellness Podcast
- Phoenix Helix Podcast
- The Unskilled Cavewomen Podcast. Check out episode 4 where I get to chat with Samantha about living a toxin free life.
- The Unskilled Cavewomen Podcast. Check out season 2 episode 3 where we discuss parenting with chronic illness.
- Emotional Autoimmunity. Check out episode 12 where I discuss chronic illness, motherhood and healing.
- Live Well Podcast. Check out this episode where I talk about eating clean.