Now that my son is almost 10 months (when did he get so old?!?), he’s a little more independent. That makes dinnertime a easier than when he was an infant. I have more time to put together dinner but I’m still on the hunt for great recipes that can put dinner on the table fast. Just because he doesn’t need me as much doesn’t mean I want to spend a bunch of time in the kitchen when I could spend it kissing his adorable dimple or helping him learn to walk. This Pan Fried Tilapia, is one of those glorious recipes. This is on our go-to list of recipes right now because it’s so easy and delicious.
I made the recipe gluten free, dairy free and AIP compliant but have options if you want to use regular flour or avoid using lard. I used cassava flour, which comes from the cassava root, as it’s gluten free. It’s not commonly found in grocery stores. You’ll probably have to go to a specialty store like Sprouts or Whole Foods. However, you can also find it online. If you’re not gluten free, wheat flour can also be used. If you’re not interested in using lard, just use oil with a high smoking point. I’ve included a list of other acceptable oils in the recipe.
Pan Fried Tilapia
Here’s an easy recipe for Pan Fried Tilapia that’s quick and full of flavor. Perfect for a weeknight meal when you need dinner on the table, fast! This recipe is perfect if you’re on a gluten free, dairy free or autoimmune protocol (AIP) diet.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Combine the flour and garlic powder on a plate and then set aside.
- Place the fish on a second plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Next dredge the fish fillets in the flour mixture until each side is lightly coated.
- Heat the lard to a large frying pan and make sure it’s hot before gently placing the fillets in the oil.
- Cook the fish for about 2 minutes then use a spatula to gently flip the fillets.
- Cook for another 2 minutes on the other side and then remove from the heat.
- Serve with a lemon wedge, if desired.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!