My niece loves cooking so we decided to experiment with frittata recipes. Her must have ingredient - cheese! She would have loved it if it were all cheese and no zucchini but I want her to learn how to cook and enjoy healthy food. I tried to use just enough cheese to make the eggs creamy. I need to keep this recipe in mind next time I host brunch.
Let’s Eat | Zucchini Fritatta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz. pancetta cubed
- 2 cups zucchini finely sliced (I used a mandolin) or shredded
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- handful of basil leaves chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan over medium then add the zucchini and stir until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the milk in a large bowl.
- Add the Parmesan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the zucchini to the egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cook pancetta in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and zucchini mixture to the pan. Sprinkle the basil over the top.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat until the edges of the frittata begin to brown and the center is set and slightly puffed, about 8 minutes.
- To serve, slide the frittata onto a cutting board and slice into wedges.