Grapefruit is all over the place right now so I bought a big bag to take advantage of the season. It’s extra sweet and good so I’m excited to share all the recipes I’ve come up with. Grapefruit halves are generally reserved for breakfast but I’ve managed to turn it into a semi-dessert. The bourbon brings down the acidity and makes it a little less tart. I used a toaster oven to broil the grapefruit, which allows the entire fruit to heat up and caramelize the fruit juice and sugar. It also makes your house smell amazing!Print
Let’s Eat | Grapefruit Bourbon Brûlée
- 1/2 Grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon
- 2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Mix the bourbon, brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl then set aside.
- Cut around the edge of the grapefruit to loosen the fruit.
- Spread the sugar mixture over the top of the grapefruit and then place in the broiler for about 10 minutes (I used the toaster oven).
- Cook in the broiler until the fruit is slightly bubbling but not burnt.
- Remove and serve immediately with grapefruit spoon.
- Serving Size: 1
Shop the post