Easy Roasted Asparagus recipe is very simple, and everyone should have in his or her cooking arsenal. I make it all the time as it’s a great side to any chicken, fish or beef. If you have some Parmesan cheese handy (and your gut can take it), skip the salt and add the cheese. The melted salty cheese tastes so good with the asparagus.
If you’ve ever tried to eat the ends of asparagus then you know you just chew and chew but they really aren’t edible. They are tough and fibrous so they need to be trimmed before you start cooking.
Easy Roasted Asparagus
Easy Roasted Asparagus recipe is very simple, and everyone should have in his or her cooking arsenal. If you leave out the cheese, then this recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, nut, egg, soy and shellfish free) and suits the autoimmune protocol (AIP) and paleo diets.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 bunch of Asparagus, ends trimmed
- Salt or Parmesan Cheese (AIP reintroduction)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and toss with a few tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Place baking sheet in the oven for about 15 -20 minutes. You want the asparagus to be heated through and still a little crunchy.