Panna Cotta is traditionally made with milk but I coconut milk as a substitute so you can still enjoy a delicious dessert if you are dairy free. My boyfriend just loves my Coconut Panna Cotta but I like to keep it interesting by tweaking the recipe. I’ve made Pumpkin Panna Cotta and now Chocolate Coconut Panna Cotta. You can still taste the coconut but the chocolate makes the dessert so much richer.
Let’s Eat | Chocolate Coconut Panna Cotta
- 2 envelopes (1/4 ounce each) unflavored gelatin
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 dark Chocolate bar, roughly chopped
- Heat the coconut milk, chocolate, coconut cream and sugar in a saucepan until hot not boiling.
- Slowly sprinkle the gelatin over the hot mixture while stirring. If you don’t you’ll end up with gelatin lumps.
- Pour the coconut mixture into 6-8 ramekins (or stemless wine glasses). Set aside in refrigerator for about 4 hours.
- When you are ready to serve top with chopped chocolate.
- Serving Size: 6-8