Can you believe that it’s been about nine months since I posted a cocktail? Being pregnant and having a newborn doesn’t really lend itself to hard alcohol. My sweet baby boy is already 5 months old. So that means, I’m back!
I nailed it on this cocktail. It tastes really good. It’s like sweet tea with a kick of bourbon. I forgot how good bourbon tastes. It’s becoming one of my favorite types of alcohol. I’m partial to Four Roses Bourbon as it’s amazingly smooth with tons of flavor. If you’re not sure about bourbon, avoid the cheap stuff and try Four Roses.
The honey simple syrup you make is enough for another batch of drinks. So it you’re making drinks for four people, just double the bourbon and tea. You don’t need to make any additional syrup. If you don’t use the syrup right away, it will last awhile in the fridge if you store it in an airtight container.
Honey Bourbon Green Tea
Refreshing sweet tea with a kick of Four Roses Bourbon.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Drink
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 cup Green Tea
- 2 ounces Four Roses Bourbon
- Lemon slices, to garnish
- Combine the honey and water in a small saucepan to make a syrup.
- Heat over low heat until the honey and water are combined.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and let cool.
- When you are ready to make the cocktail, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of the honey syrup, green tea and bourbon in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until the liquid is cold.
- Pour into two glasses filled with ice.
- Serve with a lemon slice.
Sponsored Post: While I received payment and product from Four Roses Bourbon for this post the recipes, thoughts and opinions are my own.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!