Strawberries are so sweet and delicious that there isn’t much that can make then better except maybe chocolate. This Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding has absolutely no dairy and yet is incredibly rich. The secret ingredient is shockingly avocados. It’s great to find such a satisfying dessert that you can find mainly in the produce section.
Chocolate Pudding Covered Strawberries
A decadent Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding with Strawberries made with avocados. This recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free) and suits the autoimmune protocol diet (AIP), paleo and vegetarian diets.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 4 cups Strawberries, halved and sliced plus 6 whole strawberries
- 1/4 cup Mint, finely chopped
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Honey plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (AIP Reintroduction)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract (alcohol free)
- Combine the strawberries, mint and 1 tablespoon honey in a large bowl.
- Mix to combine and then set aside in the refrigerator.
- Remove skin and pit from the avocado and place in a food processor (or blender) with the soy milk, 1/2 cup honey, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in the fridge until chilled.
- When you are ready to serve, add a small scoop of the chocolate pudding in a wine glass, add a layer of strawberries and then another small scoop of chocolate pudding.
- Top off each glass with a whole strawberry and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6
Sponsored Post: While I received payment and product from Driscoll’s for this post the recipes, thoughts and opinions are my own.