Please note that this recipe is not AIP/Paleo.
Please note that this recipe is not AIP/Paleo. It’s leftover from my previous blog and I’m hoping to update the recipe to something compliant as soon as possible.
These Coco-Matcha Truffles are so good. They little coconut, chocolate and matcha clouds just melt in your mouth. They are decadent and are so easy to make. You get your hands a little dirty rolling the dough but you don’t even have to turn on the oven!
Our niece came to stay with us for the week before New Years and she loves to cook and bake with me. I decided to save all my baking so that she that we could do it together. We tried a few different cookie recipes but this Coco-Matcha Truffle recipe stood out. Actually, once we made this recipe no one wanted anything else. We ended up making this recipe three times that week. Seriously, my husband made a desperate coconut cookie run on New Year’s Day, before the stores closed, as we realized that we ran out of truffles. It was actually a ridiculous scene. We had three people frantically calling grocery stores to see who was still open. We scrambled and had more truffles within the hour. They’re that good.
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar plus 1/4 cup for dusting
- 2 teaspoons Matcha Powder divided
- 2 cups Coconut Cookies I used Trader Joe’s Coconut Cookies, finely ground
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- Mix 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon match powder
- Mix the coconut cookies, cocoa, coconut milk, 1 teaspoon matcha powder and powdered sugar of the ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- When the dough is fully mixed and slightly sticky, roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in the powdered sugar mixture.
- Chill for about 1 hour before serving.