Please note that this recipe is not AIP/Paleo. However, I’m looking forward to changing the recipe to make it compliant soon.
Don't be intimidated by the many steps this recipe has. It's not that hard and totally worth it. This recipe is in heavy rotation at our house.
Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds Boneless and Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Salt and Ground Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme chopped
- 1/2 cup Flour
- Olive oil
- 1 Leek chopped (white part only)
- 3 Garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
- 3 cups Crimini Mushrooms sliced
- 1 bunch Carrots 1 pound, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Wine I used Chardonney
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Parsley chopped
- 1 pound Bowtie Pasta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon salt.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, thyme and paprika, then dust lightly in flour.
- In large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat, and sauté chicken, until both sides are browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, add olive oil and sauté leek, carrots and garlic for 1 minute. Then add mushrooms, rosemary, red pepper flakes, butter, and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes. Then add wine and deglaze pan.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water.
- Add stock, and return chicken to large pan. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 10-15 minutes while the pasta is cooking.
- Remove the large pan from the heat and stir in vinegar and half of parsley into sauce, and season to taste.
- Add cooked pasta, Parmesan (if using) and sauce to a large bowl. Add 1 cup pasta water. Mix to combine
- Garnish with remaining parsley. Serve with chicken.