I’ve been craving salads all summer long. I try to keep it interesting, delicious and healthy. This dressing definitely fits the bill.
I was inspired to make this Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing after my first visit to a sushi place after the baby was born. I missed sushi so much while I was pregnant so it was amazing to be able to eat it again. Every sushi place has little side salads with a carrot ginger dressing and it inspired me to make my own so that I could enjoy it at home. I’m not sure how they make it at the sushi place but mine is a super healthy dressing as it has very little oil and is mostly made of carrots.
This recipe makes a huge batch while could easily feed a family for a few nights. I don’t mind making salad dressing in a large batch like this. I generally keep a simple salad in the fridge so it’s nice to have a homemade dressing handy. Since it’s made of all fresh ingredients, I just always need to keep in mind to eat the dressing within a few days before it goes bad.
Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 2 Carrots roughly chopped
- 1 inch knob Ginger about 1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 Shallots roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper optional for AIP
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator in an airtight container until you are ready to use.