My son loves to help mama cook, which means he’s no help at all. I need to get in and out of the kitchen with a healthy meal. This Braised Beef and Onions recipe is relatively simple with very little prep. It’s such a huge help for a mom with a busy toddler, like myself.
Cooking the beef and onions in the chicken broth, wine and spiced really makes a flavorful sauce as well as tender steak. I really love this recipe with roasted acorn squash but I think it would be good over spinach, cauliflower rice or mashed potatoes (AIP Reintroduction).
If you want to know exactly how to turn this delicious dish into a meal, click here to check out the cookbook 30 Minute Meal for Paleo & AIP. The recipe (plus 119 others) is included. The book gives you all the tools you need to make a healthy meal for your family in 30 minutes from start to finish.
Braised Beef and Onions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Generously season the steak with salt then set aside.
- Pour oil in large hot ovenproof frying pan over high heat.
- Add the onions and herbs to the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Next place the steak in the pan to sear for 2 minutes on each side. Make sure to move the onions to the side to make enough room for the steak.
- When the steak has finished, add the chicken broth, wine to the pan and then sprinkle the herbs over the meat.
- Place the entire pan in the oven and cook for 6 minutes for medium.
- When the steak is finished in the oven, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the steak against the grain and serve with the onions.