This Baked Fish with Cauliflower Rice Pilaf is a sheet pan meal that can be on your dinner table in under an hour. If you can chop, you can make this meal. It’s healthy, delicious, easy and fast which checks all the busy mom boxes!
This Baked Fish with Cauliflower Rice Pilaf recipe has really light flavors that make it perfect for a flakey white fish like tilapia. However, if you wanted to switch out tilapia for salmon, I’m sure it would take great too. You may need to leave the fish in the oven a little longer depending upon the size and thickness.
Meals need to be fast, easy and delicious during the week. My husband often works late so it’s just the kiddo and I at home for dinner. My son is not always patient with me while I’m making dinner, so I need to move quickly. This sheet pan meal is such a lifesaver. You barely need to do any prep work and dinner in on the table in about 45 minutes.
Most of that cook time, I’m not even needed in the kitchen. That means I’m free to channel my toddler’s energy into something productive. Like NOT swinging from the chandelier or scaling the wall. Kids. Don’t ya just love ‘em.
If you’re looking for some other sheet pans meals or just quick eats, here are my favorites.
- Sheet Pan Steak Dinner
- Grilled Chicken and Cucumber Dill Salad
- Asian Pork and Noodle Soup
- Chicken Bok Choy and Turmeric Soup
- AIP Hot Pot
- Thai Basil Shrimp
- 15 Minute Oven Roasted Tilapia, Bok Choy and Mushrooms (Just fyi, it has a few reintroductions)
Baked Fish with Cauliflower Rice Pilaf (Sheet Pan Meal)
- 2 bags frozen Cauliflower Rice 12 ounce bags, broccoli rice works as well
- 2 Carrots peeled and finely diced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 4 fillets Tilapia
- 1 Lemon sliced (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Pour cauliflower, carrots and onion on pan.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt then toss.
- Add to the oven for 10 minutes then toss.
- Add back to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from then oven and add the tilapia to the pan. Take care to spread the veggies mixture out of the way before placing the fish.
- Drizzle another 2-3 tablespoons of oil over the fish (using a spoon or your fishing era make sure that the oil costs the fish).
- Then sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of salt over the fish.
- Place the sheet pan back into the over for another 5-8 minutes or until the fish is flakey.
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve immediately with slices of lemon.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!