I received a apples for this Apple Salsa recipe from Stemilt Growers as compensation for this post. All text and opinions are my own.
Cinco de Mayo is coming up which means Mexican food for all. Just because I’m AIP, doesn’t mean I want to miss out on the tasty fun. So, I’m looking for ways to make Cinco de Mayo AIP friendly. I’ve started with this fresh and crisp Apple Salsa recipe.
This Apple Salsa recipe is delicious and easy enough to make for the whole family. The recipe can easily be doubled if you’ve got a big crowd (keep this recipe handy for your next Superbowl party). It’s great with plantain chips or as a topping for a simple grilled chicken. Let’s fiesta!
- 1 cup Apples about 2 medium, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Cucumbers about 1/2, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Shallots about 1 large, diced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed Cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons Apple Vinegar
- salt to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- Combine all ingredients into medium size bowl.
- Stir to combine then serve.