I created this insanely delicious Turmeric Grilled Shrimp recipe around ground coriander and turmeric, which are two of my favorite spices. The coriander gives the recipe an almost citrusy flavor. It’s amazing and super easy to put together for a quick dish.
Coriander isn’t strict AIP so be aware that you need to reintroduce coriander seeds before attempting this recipe. I created this recipe when I was attempting a reintroduction of coriander. The recipe is so good so I was really bummed when I realized that my tummy was not ready for this spice.
Even though I can’t stomach the coriander just yet, my husband and son love it. We have this recipe often when grilling. This recipe goes really well with my Cucumber Herb Salad. They are both so fresh and summery. It’s such an easy meal to enjoy alfresco. We grill and eat outdoors frequently during the summer. It’s one of my favorite things to do during the warmer months.
- 4 Wooden Skewers
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander (AIP Reintroduction)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Pepper (AIP Reintroduction)
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Lemon, wedged (optional)
- Place the skewers in water to soak.
- While the skewers are soaking, add the garlic powder, turmeric, coriander, salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Next add the olive oil to the spice mixture.
- Add the shrimp to the skewers.
- Next brush the spice and olive oil mixture over the shrimp.
- Bring a grill up to high heat.
- Add the skewers to the grill and let cook on each side for about minutes.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!