My fiancée loves, loves, LOVES my Coconut Panna Cotta but he’s not the biggest fan of rhubarb. I thought that if I combined rhubarb with strawberries and mixed it in with a version of my Coconut Panna Cotta then he may actually enjoy it. And he does! He loved it so much that he had one serving of Strawberry Rhubarb Panna Cotta every day for at least two weeks. I actually had to make a second batch just to keep the fridge stocked. This is a great recipe for people who’ve never tried rhubarb before as it’s not overwhelmingly tart.
Strawberry Rhubarb Panna Cotta
This Strawberry Rhubarb Panna Cotta is the perfect summertime treat. The coconut milk tempers the tartness of the rhubarb and the strawberries are so sweet! This recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free) and suits the autoimmune protocol diet (AIP) and paleo diets.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 15 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup Strawberries plus additional sliced Strawberries for garnish
- 1/2 cup Rhubarb
- 1 inch piece of Fresh Ginger, sliced into 2
- 1 cup Honey plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can Coconut Milk
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can Coconut Cream
- 2 envelopes (about 3/4 tablespoon each) unflavored Gelatin
- Place the fruit, ginger and 3 tablespoons honey in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Once bubbling, reduce heat slightly and use a wooden spoon to muddle and mash the fruit.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes, occasionally mashing fruit to combine.
- Remove from heat, remove the ginger and let cool slightly.
- Once the fruit mixture is cool, pour about 1/4 cup into the bottom of 8 serving glasses.
- Heat the coconut milk, cream and 1 cup honey in a saucepan until hot but not boiling.
- Slowly sprinkle the gelatin over the hot mixture while stirring. If you don’t you’ll end up with gelatin lumps.
- Once the gelatin has dissolved, remove from the heat.
- Pour the coconut mixture into 8 ramekins (stemless wine glasses or small glasses). Set aside in refrigerator for about 4 hours.
- Garnish with a slice of strawberry and then serve.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!