I had discounted cabbage as something just for sauerkraut, kimchi or coleslaw. I haven’t really fallen in love with a cabbage dish beyond those recipes. This Oven Roasted Cabbage however, is so good that it just blew me away. It only takes 5 ingredients (including the salt and pepper) to transform cabbage into a savory and flavorful side dish.
My husband and I polished off an entire head of cabbage one evening for dinner. We ate it alongside a steak. It was epic. We both couldn’t believe how much we loved it. We have family coming to town soon and I can’t wait to share this recipe with them.
This 4-ingredient Roasted Cabbage that is a delicious and easy as a side to corned beef or steak. This recipe is allergy friendly (gluten, dairy, shellfish, nut, egg, and soy free) and suits the autoimmune protocol, paleo and vegan diets.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 (as a side)
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 head Green Cabbage, sliced into 1/2 inch steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper (AIP Reintroduction, optional)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush with oil on both sides and place onto cookie sheet.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper (if using).
- Roast in the oven for 17-20 minutes.
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Pinterest or leave a comment below!