I’ve never been one for chocolate but during my pregnancy it was a huge craving of mine. My mom made these cookies quite a few times for me when I was pregnant. I ate so many that it’s a little embarrassing. I can’t wait to bake these cookies for my son. He’s partial to breast milk right now so I’m going to have to wait a few years.
I wanted to make a cookie recipe that was made of kitchen staples. Not everyone has eggs handy therefore I wanted to try using oil instead. This recipe is incredibly similar to a traditional chocolate cookie recipe. It’s a great substitute when you’re in a pinch. The good news is that this is also vegan and dairy free.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan)
This chocolate chip cookie recipe is made up of pantry staples. Nothing perishable so you can make them anytime, no eggs required. They’re also vegan!
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons Butter, softened (non-dairy substitute is fine)
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Adjust the oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line the baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper or a silpat mat and then set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a medium size bowl until smooth.
- Add the oil and vanilla and then stir until just combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough, spaced 4 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for about 5 minutes and then rotate the baking sheet.
- Continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until the edges are set and just beginning to brown.
- Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #FOODFASHIONANDFUN. I’d love to see what you make!